Jumat, 26 Agustus 2016

Confectionery

Confectionery -

Remember the other day when I showed you guys the Miette inside? Well, as I dug up these photos from last fall, when I'm on the book tour, I find a lot more sweet shops that I showed you guys. Want to see? Pay attention. You will need a cupcake or nine before he finished watching them all.

IMG_6418

The first stage of the book tour was Portland, Oregon. And it would not be complete without a visit to Voodoo Doughnut.

love those pink boxes printed logo.

IMG_6412

Check out their signature Voodoo Doughnut.

IMG_6425

Yummm. They have fun flavors like Bacon Maple Bar, Grape Ape and even donuts covered cereal.

IMG_7092

Also in Portland is Saint Cupcake Deluxe.

IMG_7076

their cupcakes were delicious and piled high with frosting.

IMG_7077

The shop was too cute for words with their adorable section of party supplies. I had to have these paper cups. Although I did not bring myself to use them again.

IMG_7428

In Seattle, we Cupcake Royale. In fact, there are five of them.
Cupcake Julie and I visited two of their locations.

Great sign.

IMG_7441

Large packaging. Like the slogan.

IMG_7440

And great little tasting cakes with beautifully swirling frosting.

IMG_7485

Trophy Cupcakes also in Seattle. They have three locations. Make sure you visit at least one of them. Trophy was on the Martha Stewart Show on the same day I was during Cupcake week 08. It was fun to finally see the shop in person.

IMG_7463

Look what peanut butter frosting. Yes please.

IMG_7473

This is the location Wallingford Center. The canopies are fantastic.

IMG_7491

We took some cupcakes to eat.

IMG_7505

Then Julie and I had a cupcake showdown between stores in Seattle.

I think it was a draw because we do not compare the flavor to the taste, it was too hard to choose. They both had really delicious small cakes.

IMG_7522

On donuts just to freeze outside Seattle.

IMG_7508

more traditional Voodoo flavors ... and that was fine by me.

IMG_8306

ice cream anyone?

Well, if you are in San Francisco you really need to check out Bi-Rite Creamery.

IMG_8312

Get a shovel or take some home. This stuff is so good.

Brown Sugar Ginger Caramel Swirl. Need I say more?

IMG_8411

Miette You remember, of course.

IMG_8396

delicious cookies and more.

IMG_8418

that takes the cake in San Francisco was a small store, but big on flavor.

IMG_8416

I'll take Peanut butter cups on the cake at any time.

IMG_8432

right on Union Street in San Francisco is another candy store.

Pacific Puffs.

IMG_8427

All about cream puffs.

IMG_8429

Founded by two brothers who are the recipe for their mother. Boys Buff sale flashes. I'm sold.

IMG_8451

Wow, Julie and I have really outdone in San Francisco.

This is another. American Cupcake.

IMG_8439

Filled with colorful cupcakes ...

IMG_8435

And some topped with cotton candy. So cute.

IMG_8472

Cupcakes Kara is located in Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco.

IMG_8473

modern. Beautiful. Delicious.

IMG_8475

And with such sweet staff.

IMG_8975

After San Francisco, I met with my mother in Los Angeles.

We stopped by Vanilla Bake Shop in Santa Monica.

You can not miss this shop with its graphic awning jumbo.

IMG_8956

I see pops.

IMG_8961

And shots slow fire.

IMG_8968

Perty cupcakes.

IMG_035

Then came Sprinkles Cupcakes in Beverly Hills.

IMG_029

A sweet group of girls welcomed us.

IMG_021

Their red velvet is one of my favorites.

Untitled-1

Mom and I sat outside and enjoyed a few.

IMG_9289

Salt Lake City, Utah we did not do all the cupcake shops due time, luckily I had a few people bring some fairy Sweet teeth. Maria thank you and friends.

IMG_9297

Yum.

IMG_9315

I mean YUM. We made quite the scene waiting for our plane to the airport and all checked.

IMG_9445

Wanna see more?

IMG_9448

So check More Cupcakes in Chicago.

They have a super cool way to display their cupcakes.

IMG_9480

Look what icing.

IMG_9705

Cupcakes Molly is also in Chicago.

IMG_9700

Peach Cobbler cupcakes anyone?

IMG_9708

This shop was packed with a line out the door.

IMG_9732

And worth every bite. One face is called Ron Bennington. chocolate cake, filling peanut butter, chocolate ganache and caramel topping. Help.

IMG_2754

Unfortunately, in New York, I made it to the shop of a cupcake.

But it is one I would visit again and again.

Baked by Melissa teeniny made small cakes and used without packaging.

IMG_2746

Look at all. These little guys were surprisingly moist and yuuummmy. The only thing I would do differently next time is for more than six of these wonders of a mouthful. Bite or two if you want to look like you have table manners.

Well here. 17 stores in 8 cities. We hope you have enjoyed watching as much as I did eat at all.

Portland
Voodoo Doughnut
Saint Cupcake Deluxe

Seattle
Royal Cupcake
Trophy Cupcakes
Frost

San Francisco
Bi-rite Creamery
Miette
that takes the cake
Pacific Puffs
American Cupcake
Cupcakes Kara

Santa Monica
Vanilla Bake Shop

Beverly Hills
Sprinkles Cupcakes

Salt Lake City
Fairy Sweet Tooth

Chicago
More Cupcakes
Cupcakes Molly

New York City
Baked by Melissa

Did I miss one of your favorites? Give a shoutout to all other cities I should check their candy scene.

One more thing. Here is a little slideshow that includes even more photos of each store if you're curious.

Enjoy!

Advertiser