Minggu, 28 Agustus 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix -

These large chocolate cookies with chocolate chips came in fact a mixture. But not only a mixture.

Master Pastry Chef and Mr. Chocolate himself, Jacques Torres now has a convenient way to make her famous chocolate chip cookies.

I am happy to give them a go because I use her recipe scratch all the time and it is one of my absolute favorites. Check out this old post I did on doing and believe me when I say they are ridiculously good. The original recipe just takes a little time (one night cooling), more than one kind of flour, giant chocolate chips for baking inside. So I'm not always the time to plan for them or good handy ingredients do.

This is why this little mixture is handy for my cookies curb cravings. Just add butter and eggs. I was a bit skeptical on the type of chocolate that would be included in the bag because when I pressed around, he did not feel it would be larger slices, I'm used to her recipe.

But oh boy ... I was wrong. They are ginormous and larger than large I usually use. Here they are normal sized chips on the right side.

And here they are in my hand. Yes yum. These are the kind of chocolate chips ... I mean chocolate wafers that I can get behind. Or maybe even chocolate saucers, they are so big.

Spoon, please!

Okay ... this is what I mean. Look at all that hot chocolate overflowing when you take a bite. So good.

A couple of things to note about these cookies ... The mixture is slightly expensive. Like $ 18 for the bag. So I'll probably stick to make them from scratch, unless I want to give the mixture as a gift. That said, the chocolate and the ingredients I buy to make the original version ends up being about the same price when all is said and done.

Also ... if you buy the mix and do, let your dough chill for a while so they do not spread much. My biscuits have gone a bit flat.

And not quite like its zero cookie recipe. Photos below are for reference from a former position. Check it out here.

Chocolatey

See what I mean. They are crazy.

Chocolate Chip Cookie

And pretty!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

You really do someday! Here is the recipe of his famous cookies:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from Jacques Torres

Jacques Torres' Chocolate Chip Cookies

Enjoy !!!

Advertiser