Minggu, 28 Agustus 2016

Snow Globe Coke Cupcakes

Snow Globe Coke Cupcakes -

Snowglobe Cupcakes

Do I have your attention? I hope. Because I am invited now blogging on the site, Cupcakes Take the Cake! And to celebrate the occasion, I also have a gift on their blog. Visit now and enter to win the most impressive ever baking cups (It's really easy). This gift is shorter and ends at midnight Tuesday ET. I will announce the winner here on Wednesday morning bakerella.com.

Baking Cups Giveaway

Baking Cups



visit Cupcakes take the cake to enter.

now if you stuck around, let me tell you about cupcakes, just in case you do not jump over to get into the gift.

the idea of ​​these started with some really cute Coke bottles that I bought at Wal-Mart recently. I tried to think of a way to make a small snow globe cake for the holidays and these were just the perfect shape. And not only that, they also ended up being the inspiration for the design of small real cake. Because what is cuter than polar bears and Coca-Cola Christmas. Well, probably a lot of things, but that's besides the point.

Coca-Cola Cuteness

So I took the labels off and cut the tops with a knife. In fact, I asked someone with strong, steady hands to do it for me. It took several attempts to get the opening of the right size. About 2 1/4 inches in diameter seems to be pretty good.

Coke Bottles

With the theme in my mind, I remembered gummy candy shaped cola I was Eyeballing the store recently. Now I had a reason to buy. So off I went to Walgreen. (This is a pharmacy if you are not familiar.)

Cola Gummy Candy

And, since the theme is based on the polar bear Coke, I decided to link all together with a recipe for Cola Cake, directly to the source.

Cola Cake Recipe

You can download a pdf of the recipe on the Coca-Cola site. Go here and scroll down until you see Cola cake. Click the link and it will open a PDF that you can print. They were really good. I'm the chocolate icing, they recommended with it because I had the snow. So I used a butter cream icing that I use all the time and it worked perfectly.

Now, I had about 28 cupcakes in impressive red baking cups confectioneryhouse.com, but I only used some for. real scene

to make the bear:
I used rolled fondant and the form of coins in hand - similar to the way I Care bear Cupcake made some time except for the polar bear is only about 2 inches tall. The eyes were black nonpareils and nose were black candy heart sprinkles. The mouth was established with my still practice AmeriColor edible black writing with pen . For the scarf, I bought red fondant this time because it is really hard to get the deep red color and I did not feel like mixing and having my hands look dirty.

To assemble the snow globe:
Make a sweet water jet (recipe here). Lightly spray the inside of the plastic bottle in the areas you want snow. Then carefully sprinkle sugar inside. Want mostly on the sides, bottom and back. Not too far forward because you'll want to see your design. Atop aside snow globe.

Take one of your cupcakes, turn it over and carefully cut the bottom of the baking cup off. Then spread a little butter icing on the bottom (now top) of your cake. Then sprinkle some white sanding sugar on top of the frosting to the texture. Place your right to bear Fondant assembled in the middle and join one of cola bottles with a little water to help it stick. Then place the opening of the bottle just above the bear. The opening should be just big enough to sit on the cake without slipping all the way over, as below

Snow Globe Cupcake

To boxes Coke bottles and sign .:
I use fondant redder , rolled and shaped as needed. I used the pen with edible black ink for lettering and some snowflake glitter to beautify. The panels were really small candy canes.

Coca-Cola Snow Globe Cupcakes

Enjoy

I think it. Anyway, I hope you like them and do not forget to visit Cupcakes Take the Cake win a set of these impressive cuts cooking. You'll love it!

Baking Cups Giveaway

Learn how to Cupcakes Take the Cake and
, you can also check out my blog invited on their website, too.
Happy Holidays!
PS Consult Iron Cupcake Challenge this month. I added these cupcakes to competition this month at the last minute because the ingredient was chocolate with a twist. I think they are eligible. But please vote for someone other than me since I won earlier this year. The voting starts soon here.
P.S.S. I have a winner announced. Thank you to all those who paid a visit to Cupcakes Take the Cake to send their holiday wishes. It was so much fun to read. Random.org and I've chosen the winner among the 1,000+ comments. Let's see who it is.

winner

Congratulations Lisa! I hope you do a lot of cute cupcakes with your new baking cups. And Merry Christmas to you too!

Advertiser