Senin, 12 September 2016

Red Velvet Revisited

Red Velvet Revisited -

IMG_6804

I wanted to try this recipe for red velvet again the other day for a few reasons:

  1. I had green food coloring and thought it would be fun for St. Patrick.
  2. Many of you have asked if the red velvet cake recipe could be used for cupcakes, so I wanted you to know for sure.
  3. I wanted to try the baked frosting that many of you recommended on the version of cream cheese and
  4. I had all these ...

IMG_6830

sprinkles tiny shamrock.

They just had to be used before the day the other St. Pat past.

IMG_6741

A little green food coloring liquid. For red velvet cake I used two bottles, but it was enough for the green.

(PS This food coloring works much better than the time I tried to use icing colors.)

Untitled-1

for version cupcake j 'I used a cup of oil instead of 1 1/2 to see how it would be less.

IMG_6764

So far, so good.

IMG_6766

Too good. Man, I never get cupcakes this bloated when I want them.

IMG_6769

Look at this. Luckily I suppose. Must be vermicelli Shamrock.

The dough was enough for 22 cupcakes, but judging by the peaks, I would have filled a bit less and got two full dozen outside.

IMG_6784

If you do not make the frosting right away, just wrap the cookies in plastic.

Ok ... now for cooked frosting.

I do not know quite how I feel about it. It was good. But I think I'm still a girl cheese cream at heart.

I used a combination of revenues comments on the red velvet pole. Thank you Kelly, Shannon, April and all who recommended. I think I did it right, but you have to tell me before giving a final judgment.

frosting baked fans ... is it supposed to be creamier and more light and airy? Mine reminded me a foamy texture and I think I'm the imagery to be thicker.

It looked pretty, though.

IMG_6792

This is the recipe:

cooked frosting
1 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 sticks of butter, room temperature (I think ... maybe two ... do not remember I used to course.)
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla coffee

  • cook milk and flour. (Mine was cooked until thick enough)
  • Cool.
  • butter and sugar. Add vanilla and mix well.
  • Add cooled cooked mixture to creamed mixture and beat until smooth.

Enjoy a few cupcakes with green or red velvet.

And in case you're wondering ...

IMG_7024

It works with cake balls, too ... with icing or cooked cheese cream. Your choice.

IMG_7012

You can also cook some of these Oreo balls without cooking for the occasion.

St. Patrick's Day happy a little early.

Advertiser