Kamis, 23 Juni 2016

These cookies are cute whale!

These cookies are cute whale! -
Whale Cookies
Oh my God ... I love how these cookies turned out. I wanted to make small whales for about a month now. He started with a punch that I bought on clearance after Christmas.
Santa Cookie Cutter
I saw a bunch of these little Santa knives and decided I absolutely need more ... you know for the next year.
Whale Cookie Cutter
But when I caught it, I must have picked out because I completely forgot all about Santa. I think I was printed or something. It was now my new cookie cutter whale and I have not been able to get them out of my head. So I decided to turn them into a packed super sweet treat for Valentine's Day.
And also because I want to play.
Cookie Dough
Ok ... here we go. It all starts with cookie dough. And I love using this recipe from my friend Bridget to bake at 350. It's always a dream to use. No sticky paste. And if you need cookie decorating with, his book is great!
Whale Cutouts
Now my cookie cutter Santa / Whale was not completely perfect. When turned sideways, I had to cut some of that little bump cap and move it to the right so that it is closer to where the spout of the whale should be for decoration. Not a must, but I think it made a difference.
Royal Icing
I light blue for these little guys.

Describe the first whale body with royal icing.
Whale Decorating
Then fill them with the flood icing consistency and let dry. When all dry, you can set the fins with more ice contour.
So, since my whales were blue, I used white icing for the steam from the spout of the whale.
hearts
But not all. These whales have a lot of heart.
Pink!
... and they needed to be decorated in the course pink royal icing.
Whale Cookies
... And topped with sweet pink heart sprinkles for their mouths, too. Then you just need an edible black ink for their eyes and smiles. This makes these pretty easy to decorate cookies. They are essentially cookies in a color that is right for me
P.S. This is the first time I have not complained about my plumbing. I think I am a little better each time I try decorated cookies. But my heart sank a little. I have to work on it.
So that's the cookie list. But that's not all.
Whale You Be Mine
I did treat bags customized as they would be very sweet. The bags I used 3.75 "X 6" and I've trimmed some of the top. Tags are simply folded and attached on top of the bag.
I also made a downloadable pdf for whale and treat bag labels so that you can do, too.
Oh, and I went ahead and fixed the shape of a whale if you want to use as a template to cut out your cookies.
Or ... here's a cutter I found online that looks like. And heart knives were similar to that of this mini game.

Whale Cookie Valentines
See. cute whale!
Whale Cookie Valentine Treats
As whale, cute whale!
Whale Cookie Valentines
you hope they have a smile!
Whale Cookies
And hope you have a good day of whale!
PS This version is included in the pdf too, so you can give them at any time of the year.

Advertiser