Selasa, 05 Juli 2016

Bundt, which is matcha?

Bundt, which is matcha? -
Chocolate Matcha Bundt Cake
Matcha is what I used to do the mottled part of this green Bundt cake. Matcha is a powdered green tea used well in Japanese tea ceremonies, or in this case used to help me celebrate an Irish Holiday. (Everyone is Happy St. Pat!) Makes sense to me. I mean it is green. I actually wanted to try this unusual ingredient since I saw this cake matcha Oven Fresh website. The color was so beautiful and I had never seen anything like that. So he went straight on my list "to try". You can check the recipe here or the one I used below.
First, I greased 10 cup Bundt Pan, (But, on the basis of the quantity of dough I had, I really need a 12-cup. I'll tell you why in a minute.)Crisco Coated Bundt Pan
after greased with Crisco, I dusted with cocoa. Use cocoa instead of flour will keep white spots to appear on the chocolate cake when you remove them from the pan. You can also probably with Pam if you have a regular pan Bundt. However, this pan so many grooves, the first time I did it, just the cake stuck to the sides. I was forced to throw it in a bowl and spoon-fed me cake pieces. I know ... horrible. Terribly good!
Cocoa Coated Bundt pan
Here matcha I used. I found it at Whole Foods. YAY! I do not really know anything about matcha, so I guess it's okay. The cake was good, so it's good enough for me. But if matcha experts are there, please give me the lo-down.
Matcha Powder
Here it is next to the cocoa I used. It was black special cocoa Hershey and it was delicious.
Matcha & Cocoa Powder
Follow the recipe below to create two batters and then depositing alternating spoonfuls into the mold Savarin.
Chocolate Matcha Cake Batter
and if you want to look more "marbled", then take a knife and gently run across the dough in a swirling motion. Just once or twice should be good enough.
Chocolate Matcha Cake Batter
Pretty! Now take a good look at the picture above. I fill the pan with a bit of the dough as it overflowed from the pan, then sank a little. Okay, he fell! Boo Hoo! So use Bundt December 1-cup or use a portion of the dough and make a batch of cupcakes.
I managed to save enough to get good images.
Chocolate Matcha Bundt Cake
The cake was really, really good. It was dense and moist. It is especially good hot. So good, it does not even require icing.
Chocolate Matcha Bundt Cake
Chocolate Matcha Bundt cake
Chocolate Mix
flour 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 c. baking powder
1/2 c. salt
Matcha mix
flour 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
2-3 Tbsp matcha powder
1 1/2 c. baking powder
salt 1/2
wet ingredients
3 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3 eggs , room temperature
1 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Grease and flour (or cocoa) 10 12 or Bundt pan cups. (If using a pan to 10 cups, you can book any extra dough for cookies.)
  • Using a whisk, mix the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
  • In another small bowl, do the same for matcha mixture.
  • using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
  • Divide the cream mixture evenly into two separate bowls.
  • Slowly add the chocolate mixture to half the cream mixture and mix well.
  • Then add the mixture of matcha to the other half of the cream mixture and mix well.
  • Drop alternating spoonfuls of each mixture into the mold Savarin until it is about 3/4.
  • For a marbled effect, gently run a knife through the two batters in a swirling motion. (Once or twice will do.)
  • Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

Advertiser