Jumat, 01 Juli 2016

Chewy Chocolate Meringues

Chewy Chocolate Meringues -

I want to show you this new Williams-Sonoma book.
It is filled with delicious photography and tons of recipes, including ...
IMG_1429
Pretzels.
IMG_1442
Pop Tarts.
IMG_1502
And pies to name a few.
are still warm your taste buds? Mine are safe. I could hardly bear to flip through the pages of this book, without wanting to do everything in it.
Home. Cooked. Comfort. Yes please.
And guess what, otherwise.
IMG_14663
The book also includes recipes from several bakeries and bloggers across the country.
As Smitten Kitchen, Tartine, cinnamon and vanilla, flour, bakery ...
And more.
IMG_1452
Perhaps one of someone you know.
With all this yumminess, it was really hard to decide what to cook first. I leafed through the book several times before finally decided.
Untitled-1
When I saw that one of the bakeries was featured Minneapolis, I knew right away that was the only one to try since I am in Minnesota and Williams-Sonoma in about two weeks for a book signing. (Details here.)
And now I may just have to stop this bakery, too.
Salty Tart. cute name.
IMG_1348
And his recipe for Chewy Chocolate Meringues in is delish.
And easy.
And better yet, only need four ingredients.
IMG_06a
bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped.
IMG_1236
Five tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Untitled-3
sugar and egg white
This picture is a bit like egg yolks however.
IMG_1272
Whisk the egg whites. and sugar - but not touching - .. simmering water until dissolved
IMG_0
Remove from heat and beat in the egg whites until stiff and glossy
IMG_1324
then add the chocolate and cocoa.
Untitled-2
Scoop out dough on parchment lined baking sheets and bake away.

Want to see cracks. This is part of what I love this recipe. No need to try to do anything perfect look. These are already perfectly imperfect.
IMG_1387
And oh so good.
They are highly addictive, too. I will not tell you how much I ate before I finished taking pictures ...
IMG_1406
... but let's just say this photo is missing altogether some.
I am so glad I tried this recipe. I've never done before meringues because they never really looked all that call on me. But wow! Those chocolate will be made again. And once again.
Thank Salty Tart.
Meringues Chocolate Chewy (adapted from home at Comfort oven)
1 cup (8 fl oz / 250 mL) large egg whites - about 7
2 cups (1 lb / 500 g) sugar
5 tablespoons (1 oz / 30 g) natural cocoa powder
4 oz (125 g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
4 oz (125 g) nibs cocoa *
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • in a clean, dry bowl resistant to heat, whisk the egg whites and sugar. Spread over, but not touching simmering water in a saucepan.
  • Whisk constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and remove from heat. (I tested it to make sure I did not feel sugar granules.)
  • beat eggs on high using your mixer fitted with the whip. Beat until stiff and shiny consistency.
  • Sift the cocoa meringue. Sprinkle chopped chocolate (cocoa nibs and if using) on ​​top.
  • Next, fold together gently with a spatula until combined.
  • Use a shovel to drop even quantities of dough onto prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.
  • Cook for about 8-9 minutes. Turn the pans and bake for 8-9 minutes until the cookies are soft and full of cracks.
  • Transfer cookies, leaving them on the parchment paper on wire racks to cool.
* I omitted cocoa beans because I do not have on hand and cookies out yet beautifully.
The recipe says it makes about 2 dozen meringues, but I ended up with about 60 with a scoop of 1.5 inches.
I also used a scale to measure my ingredients exactly.

Advertiser