Minggu, 24 Juli 2016

Chocolate crackles

Chocolate crackles -

IMG_5737
I Eyeballing these cookies since I first saw them in a recipe for a Martha Stewart magazine special holiday cookie printed before 06 and again in his book of cookies recipes. Every time I looked through my magazine, these Chocolate Crackles have always jumped off the page and told me. Make me. MAKE. ME.
But I have not listened until now. I do not know why it took me so long, but man, I'm glad I finally did.
They are delicious and sweet and just plain nice. But above all delicious. Oh and of course chocolate. Very, very chocolatey.
So really that's all you need to know, right?
IMG_5586
Start with 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate. Oh yeah.
IMG_5593
Melt the chocolate in a saucepan on another pot of simmering water. Then set aside to cool.
IMG_5624
I transferred to a plastic heat-resistant bowl so it can cool slightly faster.
Yes, I tested the temperature with my finger. And perhaps more than once. :)
IMG_5613
While the chocolate cools, mix flour, baking cocoa powder and salt ...
IMG_5618
... until it is just combined and beautiful.
Set aside and beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs. Mix vanilla.
IMG_5633
Then add the melted chocolate.
IMG_5644
Add half of the flour mixture, milk and remaining flour mixture
. Do not worry. I'll give you a link to the recipe.
currently. And again, at the end, too.
Anyway.
Once everything is mixed together, split the cookie dough into four equal parts. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
Now my cookie dough seemed much thicker cookie dough, so I also placed in the freezer to get a little firmer.
When ready to use, unpack a section at a time.
IMG_5697
I divided into 12 pieces with a knife because I find that if I'm busy too, the "dough" began to melt from the body temperature my hands.
But thus dividing ended up working very well.
Take one of the small pieces of dough and quickly roll into a ball of 1 inch. Each one you ride, rinse and dry your hands to avoid sticking to your hands too.
IMG_5661
Roll in granulated sugar, then roll in powdered sugar and place on a baking sheet.
Like so.
IMG_5684
These are steps for reference.
PS The recipe link mentions only using one of the sugars, but that of my magazine calls at once. So I would do it this way.
IMG_5707
Wow. It was tempting to leave them like that.
IMG_5671
But then I would not see them do that after they cooked.

They're so pretty.
IMG_5775
And so so good.
Chocolate Crackles Martha Stewart
I like trying new things, and then crossing them off my list "to cook".
How about you? What was the last thing you Baked new?

Advertiser