Senin, 25 Juli 2016

Pops for a purpose

Pops for a purpose -
There are a few months, I received an email from a reader. She told me the story of her daughter, Savannah, and how she received a liver transplant when she was one. She explained how she and her husband want to raise awareness about organ donation. And when she asked me to create a pop cupcake for fundraisers to honor 2 years Donor Savannah, I knew what I had to do.
I called him and I would say, and then I told him my story, and we both cried.
You see, today is my sweet sixteen. It is what I call my second birthday. There are sixteen, I get a phone call asking me to come to the hospital right away. The voice on the other end said they had a possible "hit". I was sick, my two kidneys had failed and was on dialysis. But later that night, I was in surgery for a kidney transplant. And the next day I no longer need dialysis - I was the recipient of the greatest gift that can be given
I do not have words to describe the feelings I had then and yet today .. But Savannah's mother reminded me how I was given a second chance and how I can make myself more.
Then maybe you will read this and take a minute to think about organ donation. Or, the next time you renew your license, you remember these pops or Savannah, or me and change a life.
is the story of Savannah (have a Kleenex handy)
Cupcake Pops
Above: small cake pops with green ribbon (a symbol for the gift organ) below :. other combinations with the same color scheme
Cake Pops

Advertiser