Rabu, 31 Agustus 2016

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes -

IMG_8628

I had a packet of Oreo cookies that I'm waiting to use for some time now. I think since February. I know. I know. Never seen. But I intended to use for the treatment of Valentine's Day, and for some reason ... I do not remember ... I do not have it. And besides that, I'm not much of a griddle, so they just sitting on my desk as a constant reminder that I need to do something with them.

So this weekend I decided a good way to get rid of all would be to make cookies and cupcakes with cream and biscuits in over cupcakes.

So I took care baking.

IMG_8432

First flour.

IMG_8440

Then sugar.

IMG_8445

And cocoa.

IMG_8458

Soda, salt and gunpowder.

IMG_8462

A quick whip together. Fluffy and pretty.

Forgive me for all the close-ups, but I think the ingredients seem so luxurious.

IMG_8476

Then add milk, eggs, oil and vanilla and mix together before adding the hot water.

IMG_8485

You can fill the cookies with two different ways cookies.

with broken cookie pieces or an entire biscuit.

Then add the batter and bake.

IMG_8547

Oooh. I like the look of them.

IMG_8573

Yes I do.

All they need is a bit of icing.

IMG_8637

Or a lot.

I usually make frosting with butter and powdered sugar, but for them, I tried it with shortening instead of butter. I wanted to make sure the icing is out white instead of off-white. It looks prettier against cookies and watch the crumbs that are mixed with it. But I still like best regular buttercream.

IMG_8647

Top each cupcake beyond a cookie.

IMG_8662

You can also apply the frosting shaped mound and dunk into a bowl of cookie crumbs to coat. These cupcakes are all within Oreos.

IMG_8424

Simply place a cookie on the bottom of each baking cup. The batter I used was very fluid. I thought they would stay on the bottom of the baking cup, but they actually rose to the surface before going into the oven.

IMG_8697

And I liked the way they looked when they cooked this way.

now I just need a little milk. ! Yum

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

Cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla coffee
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup of hot water
24 Oreos, and more for the crumbs

frosting:
1 cup shortening
1 lb of sugar powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-6 tablespoons milk
2 or more teaspoons Oreo cookie crumbs

for cupcakes: ..

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • line tray with 12 molds
  • Place set a cookie in each cup or break at least 12 cookies and place the pieces into each cup.
  • Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl with a wire whisk.
  • Add eggs, oil, vanilla and milk and mix until well combined. Add hot water and mix well.
  • Transfer the dough (it will be very liquid) to a large measuring cup, then pour the batter into each cup of cooking it is about three quarters. You should have a little left over
  • Bake for 16-18 minutes

Done at least 12 cupcakes

For the icing: ..

  • Beat shortening in a blender until smooth.
  • Add vanilla and mix until blended.
  • Add the powdered sugar in three additions, scraping the sides after each addition.
  • Add a tablespoon of milk at a time and mix to desired consistency.
  • Add cracker crumbs and mix until thoroughly combined. You can add more if you like, but I just wanted a light shimmer to show the white icing.
  • Place the frosting in a designer bag with a 1M tip and swirl on top of each cupcake.
  • Insert a cookie on top of each cupcake.
  • You can also apply the glaze over each small mound-shaped cake. Turn upside down and roll up around a small bowl of cookie crumbs to coat

. Note: If you choose to stack the icing on high as I've shown here, you should double this recipe to make sure you have enough.

IMG_8621

Enjoy!

Advertiser