Senin, 05 September 2016

No cupcakes for your child

No cupcakes for your child -

Bourbon Sweet Potato Cupcakes

Something sweet and just a little bit sassy. The recipe for these cookies comes from one of my fave cookbooks, Bundt Classics . While revenues are geared towards cooking in a mold Savarin , I made several of them in cookies and I have not been disappointed. It has TONS of easy recipes for improving cake mixes and cooking from scratch. So I overlooked the fact that he has no pictures, which is usually a requirement before buying a cookbook.

So here we go. sweet potatoes and bourbon. Something I know very little. Especially bourbon. I guess I bought the right kind. He said the whiskey, but in very small letters it also says bourbon ... confusing. But I liked the look of the bottle, so this was the winner. I bought a small bottle they have behind the counter because I did not need a whole lot. But still, $ 8.99 ... yuck.

Bourbon… sweet!

Naked Cupcake

I'm really happy with the way the cupcakes came out with such pretty rounded tops. Especially I would plunge into a vanilla glaze. Note: Usually when my cupcakes bake on the flat side, I will hide with frosting giant mound of butter. Not necessary with these.

Vanilla Glaze

ooooooooh ... that looks good!

Then I made another syrup / glaze / frosting concoction to go on top of the vanilla glaze because I thought the cupcakes needed a bourbon stronger taste. (Heck, I spent all that money on bourbon, so I want to taste!) And I say concoction because I started to make a syrup and then realized that it would not work on the enamel, so I added sugar a little confectioner trying to save him. I'll give you the recipe I did. It was good, but if I did this again I would find a way to simply add the bourbon vanilla glaze.

Candied Pecans

Then, I decided to crown them with a few candied pecan nuts because I do not want them to have simple air

Here recipe:.

Bourbon Sweet Potato Cupcakes
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla coffee
2 3/4 cups all purpose
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice with salt of
3/4
set 3 / 4 cup milk
1 cup sweet potatoes cooked
1/3 cup bourbon

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • cupcake trays line with 24 baking cups.
  • Whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
  • in another large bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy.
  • Add the sweet potatoes and vanilla. Mix well.
  • Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to sugar mixture until blended. Add bourbon. Add second flour mixture 3/1. Add milk. Add 1/3 final mixture of flour.
  • Mix well with each addition.
  • Fill baking cups.
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.
  • Cool completely.

candied pecans
Sugar
water
pecan halves

  • Add equal parts of sugar and water in a pot. (I used 1 cup each.) Add pecans. Simmer for about six minutes. Drain off the syrup.
  • In a deep fryer to 375 degrees add pecans oil. Heat for 30 seconds to a minute or until the noise stops frying. Pay attention. The first attempt I made with them, I burned my pecans to a crisp. I guess my oil was too hot.
  • Lay on baking paper-lined tray and let cool slightly.
  • Extra Sprinkle sugar on top to make them prettier.
  • Allow to dry. completely
  • Note: These shaken! They can be made by themselves and served a sweet snack.

Vanilla Glaze
2 cups sifted icing sugar
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla coffee
3- 4 tablespoons milk

  • in a medium bowl, combine sugar and butter. Add vanilla.
  • Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency. (Adding more milk, it will be thinner.) Mix until smooth.
  • Transfer glaze in a small deep bowl and you can simply dip the top of your cupcakes in it.

Bourbon syrup / Glaze / Glaze Concoction
1 1/2 cup sugar (book says 1 cup)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon of butter
2 tsp vanilla (book says 1/2 c)
2 c bourbon

  • in a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil.
  • boil for five minutes and add the remaining ingredients. Cook until syrupy.
  • Then, I removed it from the pan and let it cool for a minute. I added 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar and 2 tablespoons milk to get more like the consistency of vanilla ice cream. Either dip the tops again or spoon on top so you can see vanilla frosting below.

    Add a candied pecans each cupcake if you do not eat them all first.

Cupcake glaze recipes and modified slightly from the cookbook, Bundt Classics .

Bourbon Sweet Potato Cupcakes

Enjoy!

Advertiser