Senin, 05 September 2016

Hi Hat Cupcakes

Hi Hat Cupcakes -

I did. I finally made it. Hi Hat Cupcakes cupcake consumed my thoughts since I saw their height chocolate covered tops online after I started blogging. But I must say, I was nervous to do them. They scare me. I knew for sure I saw them and end up with a melted mess.

But this weekend, I've tried. Mainly because I tasted my first few weeks ago. Seeing them in person fueled my fascination.

I decided to use the only recipe I remembered seeing. It is Martha Stewart.com and it did not disappoint

> Update :. I just realized this recipe is from the book, Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivas - Confused with the book of Martha small cake in its online description. Why I did not already have one, I do not know. <

IMG_5943

chopped chocolate. A perfect way to start. I really liked this little cake recipe. He is tall topless, too.

IMG_5973

But even better with icing. I used a disposable pastry bag with a # 807 tip Ateco. Basically, one with a huge opening round.

IMG_5989

If I had paid attention to the direction of advance, I do not know if I would have been so eager to start.

12 minutes later and a candy thermometer in check to make sure the icing formed stiff peaks at the right temperature. Yikes.

In fact, it never just the right temperature, but after 12 ... I'm holding the hand blender.

So I took a leap of faith that it would work and channeled on cupcakes ... as big as I could.

IMG_6111

cupcakes went in the freezer while I was preparing for the scary part. Soaking. One might think that this part would be smooth sailing. But I'm skeptical. I mean look at all that thick white frosting. It will definitely melt when I cover it in chocolate. Melted chocolate heavy. Right ?!

IMG_6024

A semi-sweet chocolate bag. I used the mini-chips.

IMG_6066

And melt in the microwave with three tablespoons of vegetable oil.

Tasty.

Melt low-medium in 30-second intervals and stir until melted and smooth between.

Then, wait a few minutes to make sure that chocolate is not hot.

now, take a deep breath and enter one of the cakes from the freezer.

Turn upside down and slowly plunge the entire top into the melted chocolate.

Ok, here goes ...

IMG_6085

IMG_6087

A little more ......

IMG_6088

more ...

IMG_6091

Continue ...

I close my eyes.

now ... take a deep breath and lift.

IMG_6098

little saints cakes ... it worked.

IMG_6101

it totally worked completely.

And it is beautiful.

IMG_6103

Use a toothpick to touch up spots at the base of the cake that may not have been covered ... control your excitement ...

IMG_6109

And then go again.

IMG_6140

And yet ...

IMG_6131

And again.

IMG_6153

We are amusing now.

If you use a small deep bowl, it will soak easier. The one I used was a remaining cup of egg decorating Easter.

IMG_6168

Mini hats hello everyone?

IMG_6193

Aside from the obvious first printing * wink wink * ... are amazing.

Place the biscuits soaked in the freezer for a few minutes for the chocolate to harden and then refrigerate until ready to eat.

You want to see inside do.

IMG_6209

I did too.

Oh my.

IMG_6236

I'm always amazed.

hihats

not afraid to do a little.

Advertiser