Rabu, 29 Juni 2016

Boo!

Boo! -
Ghost Cake Pops
I start to do some fun Halloween cake appears Sunday.
Cake Balls
I baked cake, it crumbled, mixed with icing, rolled into a ball, and then molded into different shapes to play with. I had big plans. (Basic Cake Pop Instructions here.)
Then I realized I did not have good coating colors handy candy for my plans ... I'm out. Boo Hoo ...! ... Okay, time to change gears.
I am white. I always try to keep white and chocolate in the house.
Halloween Cookie Cutters
And I had these strawberries sitting on the counter the other day because I wanted to use them again soon. And soon turned out to be Sunday.
A knife inspired a cute rapid variation for ghosts I've done before.
Shaping Cake Pops
I thought that serious mini cutter would work great for creating shapes of ghosts. And he did.
Just push the ball inside and use the cutter height to help shape the form.
Delete and press the ends down so that the sides are flat.
and do not worry ... you can completely shape the hand even if you do not have a similar cut.
Flatten the balls rolled and then format them with wax paper. This helps a lot. Promise.
Just press, slide and rotate the shape against a baking sheet covered with wax paper and it will help you form flat and smooth sides.

Then just use a lollipop stick to press onto bottom of your ghost.
And now I have a sudden urge to Pac Man Cake Pops.
Decorating Cake Pops
for the arms, you can use white licorice pellets. good and plentiful candy would work too - they are just a bit thicker
Cut about 1/3 of candy off with kitchen shears .. And then fix the end of the cup cake shaped candy with a molten coating of white candy. If there is an excess (see bottom right), use your finger to spread a thin layer on the surface of the cake. This is mainly so you do not have a large lump show through the coating after you dip.
Ghost Cake Pops
Although the coating is wet, attach a sweet orange sixlet under one arm. Or other similar M & M candy ... not working - they just had to be flatter. Keep candy in place until this game.
Let the Cake Pops dry and draw faces and a handle to the bucket using a pen with edible black ink. I like AmeriColor Gourmet pens by the way.
Ghost Cake Pops
Boo-tiful!
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out as an impromptu pop.
If you wish to use these tags to Halloween, you can download the tags here.
Ghostly Goodies Cake Pops
Enjoy!
And I'll try to move a little more pop before Halloween. When I again supply the candy coating! :)

Advertiser