Kamis, 30 Juni 2016

Street Party Pops

Street Party -
Sesame Street Cake Pops
Sesame Street. Pop Party. Tuesday 10 November is the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street. Can you believe it. 40 and the Muppet mania continues. I received no less than 1,299,347 applications Elmo Cake Pops since I turn my pops characters in more than a year ago. Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit on the number. But seriously ... Elmo was one of the most requested pops. So I decided to finally put what is happening in my head on a lollipop stick.
And it does not hurt that last week, I found the perfect treat for tennis-like eyes-Elmo. In fact ... every eye.
Candy
White solid. perfectly round. Perfect size. And perfect. I found them at Wal-Mart. They were in the driveway and map electrical part - not in the candy aisle. I came across them and grabbed a bunch of bags in different colors, too. It never fails. ... As soon as I find something I like, will be terminated at the next time I look for her.
But do not worry. You can also use white M & M, white beans Chocolate Covered or similar white candy, you might be lucky enough to come across.
To make your own Cake pops Sesame Street, follow the instructions and basic cake pop Use the following tips to decorate.
Elmo Cake Pops
Elmo nose are simply orange jelly beans. Elmo's mouth is made of candy background cut in two, and his eyes are drawn with a pen in edible ink.
Red Candy Coating
To decorate these characters, dip in candy colored first coating.
Elmo in progress
Although the coating is wet, tie the mouth and eyes and let dry. When the attachments are dry, you can use a toothpick to water the coating more.
Let me stop here and tell you. That takes time. I wanted them to have all the effect of a fur coat, but you can certainly try another method to speed things up. For example, they may simply be smooth and you can pipe to the mouth with black candy writers or draw with a pen edible ink.
Elmo in progress
But I took the long way since it was a special occasion. You will need to drizzle, dab, and the point in the cake pop. Or at least on the whole front of the pop. I will not tell. Make sure the layer of the coating around the mouth. You will need to build a base on the edges to make it look more realistic and less stuck on.
Cookie Monster Cake Pops
Use the same technique to Cookie Monster. His mouth is bigger than Elmo so I tried to make a lip this time with the melting of the candy.
Oscar the Grouch Cake Pops
Oscar. Oscar talk. After the first two characters, I'm not completely satisfied with the mouth, so I tried a different technique with the Grouch and I think he liked it. Instead of a candy melting attached to the front, cut the candy melt in half and use the two pieces to form an open mouth. This is a little more difficult because you have to remodel the pretty cake balls in a C-shape (if you were to look sideways). This is the mouth has a place to sit. If you try to do the mouth outside of football, it will not be right. Hope that makes sense. Do not forget to set up the green around the mouth so that it seems transparent. Again ... this is work.
Also, Oscar's eyes are different than others. His are inlaid instead of staying on top of pop. To get the look, cut the candy pieces in half and tie. Once dry, use a writer brown candy or candy coating chocolate and tips on eyebrow. His tongue is a red heart jumbo sprinkle with the tip and rounded cutting.

Here melting candy and how you can cut for each character.
Candy Melts
If you can not find dark chocolate background and chocolate coins could work. You'll have to experiment with sizes though.
Chocolate Candy Coins
I almost used them, but I stuck with the candy melts because I do not have enough coins.
now for Big Bird. I love Big Bird.
Big Bird Cake Pops
I must say, when I started doing this, I do not know how I could get this big guy. First, I thought the yellow sugar beads or mini m & ms yellow, but none of them looked right for their feathers. So I used the sanding sugar sprinkled on top after drizzling to make it look cozy. His eyelids are decorated with pink and blue edible ink pen. Its bill is candy corn with the cut end to make it easier to attach.
Candy Coating
Dip candy corn in yellow candy melts. But only if the candy coating is thin and fluid like this. In addition, this coating is Merckens and added nothing to make this thin. It was heated in the microwave on med-low 30 second intervals and stirring between. But if your coating is too thick, you can add some primordial crystal, shortening or vegetable oil to help lighten it. And if that is not small, so do not try to dip candy corn because it will be just a big glob and not enough on Big Bird.
Beaks
Some beaks. Let them dry on waxed paper. Or just ignore all that and give Big Bird beak orange candy corn not.
(All still tired world? It is almost too much even to read about doing. I think I need a nap.)
Cake Pop
below, you can see what I mean with the different variations of the mouth.
Sesame Street Cake Pops
are not they just the cutest. But something is missing. Cookie Monster is smiling, but he is not happy. He needs cookies.
Yes. Cookies. Coooooookies!
Teeny-tiny cookies
... Tiny little itty-bitty ... chocolate chip ...
Cookies
Sesame Street Cake Pops
it ... much better!
Cookie Monster Cake Pops
Stop. I can not support it. head explode. Cute Overload.
Sesame Street Cake Pops
Drawing
Supplies
Some of the supplies you'll need:
background color candy
candy melts Red
green candy melts of
melted yellow candy
candy melted dark chocolate
dark brown candy crystals writerParamount
edible ink Pens
Jumbo sprinkles red heart
sanding yellow sugar
Mini Chocolate Chip cookies (Gripz by Keebler)
round white eye candy
orange jelly beans
candy corn
Toothpicks
Basic Instructions cake pop
Sesame Street Cake Pops
Cookie Monster
here you go. This is for everybody likes it when I bite into one of those. Poor little Cookie Monster.
Now, many of you have sent in photos of your own Elmo Pops. I have not done a great job to keep track of all. If you want to send it again, maybe I can do a little slide show or something to show them. Or other Sesame Street have you perhaps made.
Sesame Street Cake Pops


Advertiser