Minggu, 26 Juni 2016

Hey Y'all

Hey Y'all! -
Dark Chocolate Truffle Cake
My cake fell ... and it was fantastic! In fact, it was supposed to fall. It is a recipe for a flourless chocolate cake I used straight from the pages of Chocolate Celebration Paula Deen Magazine.
Paula Deen's Chocolate Celebration
I bought this publication several months ago mainly due to coverage and chocolate ... Paula ... you can not go wrong there. But to be honest, I have not done anything for him until Saturday. I watched a bunch of times and made notes of all the recipes I want to try, but nothing so far.
So this weekend, I finally decided to go for his cake truffle with deep dark chocolate recipe because I have never made a flourless cake before and I'm intrigued .
I mean, it must be pretty good if someone would make instead of the one on the cover.
Springform pan
You'll need a springform pan 9 inches.It has a latch on the side to help you release the cake. Because there is no turning it upside down to remove it.
Place parchment paper on the bottom so it hangs over. Close the latch to hold the paper in place and fix the sides. You will also need to spray the paper with some nonstick cooking spray just to be safe.
After your pan is ready, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
separated 6 large eggs. Yolks in a bowl and the egg whites in another. Put aside.
Melting Chocolate
You will also need 8 oz semisweet chocolate and 4 ounces. dark chocolate. Break it up into a large bowl and add 2 sticks of butter (Paula thank you!). Melt in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between until completely melted and smooth.
Whisk 1 1/4 cup sugar until smooth.
Then add six yolks chocolate eggs and sugar mixture, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
Beating Egg whites
now, in medium bowl, beat the whites of six eggs on high with electric mixer. Beat for several minutes until stiff peaks.
Yum!
Then gently fold egg white mixture into your melted chocolate mixture until combined. Pour into your pan and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
Cracked and getting ready to fall.
There will rise high enough in the oven, but when you go out to cool, it will fall. And fall hard. Yay!
Cool one hour on the counter, then for at least four hours in the refrigerator before the release of the springform pan.
Deep Dark Chocolate Truffle Cake
And, when you do finally ... it will be worth the wait. I do not really know what the texture of the interior would be like, but oh my ... it was glorious.
Rich and dense and Fudgey! Definitely one for true chocolate lover. And, if you do not like things too rich, then stay away. Stay far, far away!
Flourless chocolate Cake
I also sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top to finish.
Fudgey!
agree, a lot!
Paula Deen's Deep Dark Chocolate Truffle Cake
This is what he is supposed to look like. Mine had a little crack, but I was completely and totally happy with it.
But wait a minute ... let me tell you true why I made this cake Paula magazine.
There was a small chance that I would be able to meet Paula Sundays (thank you to my friend Ted and using someone of his team) and I wanted to have one of his recipes desserts under my belt so I did. You know, if we had a time to chit chat and talk butter and other things. Yeah, right!
She spoke at the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show in Atlanta, and to be honest, I really did not think I would do to meet him ...
Me, my mom and Paula!
Or get a picture taken with her. Hey, Paula!
My mother and I were so happy. It is equally beautiful and funny and beautiful as she is on TV. (And I do not mean funny. We also had the opportunity to hear him speak later and had the whole place laughing.)
Me, my mom and Bobby!
We also met his son, Bobby. Delicious!!! I mean, it was really nice.
Later, we even met his other delicious I mean really nice son, Jamie. Unfortunately I spazzed and did not get a picture of him. But it helped me out with something.
Something I think you'll like.
Paula Deen Cookbook
See this cookbook .

Advertiser