Rabu, 08 Juni 2016

Pound Cake and Petit Fours

Pound Cake and Petit Fours -
IMG_1237_2
I went on a cake recently hit book. Last weekend, I made two of them. A single and another with strawberries. They both have proven to be really delicious.
So this weekend I wanted to try my hand at biscuits. You know ... adorable, small filled layer cake or fruit glaze and covered in fondant or icing paid. They can be made from cookies, cakes Genoise, or pound cakes. Ding. Ding. Ding. This means more pound cake for me. I decided to go the whole nine yards. Small layers, syrup, marzipan ... Looking back, I think my kitchen greeting I went the easy route. I just sliced ​​1 inch thick pieces of pound cake of bread, and then cut out biscuits with a cutter. But no ... it would be too easy.
Okay, before arriving in small ovens, let me mention two pound cake breads.
First Place. Cake with Cheese Cream Pound.
IMG_0759
I could not wait to settle in it.
IMG_0776
Perfect.
IMG_0786
Oh ... help me.

And the top ... I could tunnel through this thing.
IMG_0815
But first, a bit of cheese frosting cream.
IMG_0867
Yes, it was as good as it looks.
recipe made enough for two loaves, so on the second, I added some strawberries.
Untitled-1
He was pretty fantastic, too.
IMG_0881
Every last piece.
IMG_0981
IMG_0971
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake Pound = YUM!
This is the recipe:
Pound Cake Cream Cheese
3.5 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup butter, room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Sift the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
the use of a mixer, butter cream, cream cheesea e sugar for about 6 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add vanilla and milk until combined.
Add the flour mixture until completely combined.
Pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pans.
Stir in 2 cups nuts and diced strawberries for each bread if desired
Bake for about 60 minutes or until done
update: .. Hmmm ... forgot to mention ... some of my strawberries sank to the bottom, you know I'm baking with fruit so much, but after reading about it, I think it will help. Try covering the fruit lightly with flour. Let me know if it works for you.
Frosting cream cheese
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar powder
3 tbsp milk
butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and milk until completely combined.
Spread on top of cake.
Store in refrigerator.
Now for the petits fours ...
First, let me say ... it's a lot of work. I'm glad I tried, but much work. God thank you, they tasted great.
If you want to see a fantastic tutorial, see that of veganyumyum. Not only is it a really great step by step guide, but his photographs are beautiful.
IMG_1225_2
Untitled-2
Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. You will need two sheets to lay on the side so you can lift the cake when it is done. Use a little butter and coated paper. Then sprinkle with flour.
I used the pound cake recipe above, less milk and strawberries and baked at 350 for about 30 minutes. Also, I accidentally left out the milk. Turns out that was probably a good thing, because the baked cake to the edge of the pan. It would have overflowed with milk.
Untitled-3
After the cake is baked and cooled, cut the outer edges and then cut it into eight equal sections. Then use a serrated knife and cut the height of each half section. Turn each layer side cut and apply a small amount of syrup. I used a spray bottle, but you can also brush on. Do not saturate however. Then spread on a thin layer of raspberry jam warmed so you can always see the cake through the jam. Stack the three sections upper layers. (Three layers of cake and two layers of filling.) Four, it would have been too large, based on the pound cake recipe used here.
cup sugar
Syrup = 1 + 2 cups of water. Boil for about 3 minutes. Let cool.
Untitled-4
Now to marzipan. I finally found a reason to use this stuff. It has an almond flavor and is quite tasty. Marzipan sometimes goes over the top layer of small oven and I think really helps when you pour the icing over. Roll out the marzipan into an ultra-thin layer. Then place it on top of each layer of cake section. Add simple syrup, first to help marzipan stick. Trim off any overlapping marzipan cake sections. Wrap each section in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The next day, cut the sections into small squares. Each three-layer cake section will give you 12 biscuits. And you can get at least 5 sections to three layers. That's a lot of cupcakes. (After the dried cherry, I sprinkled on a little melted chocolate fondant and added some flowers for decoration.)
IMG_1253
The next day, immerse them in Fondant cast and place on a wire rack. Set a cookie sheet underneath to catch drippings.
I used for the poured fondant = 2 lb bag (@ 7.5 cups) powdered sugar, 1/2 cup light corn syrup, 1/3 cup water, 1 c vanilla extract. Heat over low heat and stir until everything is completely combined.
Pour not working so much to me. I dove all four sides, then picked a little higher. This was by far the trickiest part. Get the right consistency, smooth covering cakes. I made a huge huge mess.
Here is a look ...

Again, I suggest visiting veganyumyum for a great how-to as I have not real photos of immersion, dripping, pouring or curse.
IMG_1223_2
I managed to get a number that seemed decent enough, though.
IMG_1216
But in the end, I came out of the ice, my mind and still had a bunch of cupcakes uncovered. They remained in this way, too. I convinced myself that they taste better discovered.
Cookies. Was there. . That

Advertiser