Sabtu, 09 Juli 2016

Homemade Graham Crackers

Homemade Graham Crackers -
IMG_0708
I ventured into crackers this weekend. golden brown graham crackers.
Small ones of course. It is only about 2 inches square.
Untitled-1
Combine flour, dark brown sugar, baking soda and salt and you're on your way. Then, cut the butter. Add honey, milk and vanilla and mix low until the dough starts to come together. Refrigerate.
Although version had noticed. Visit Smitten Kitchen recipe for Graham Cracker full. The first time I saw his post in 09, I am fascinated by the kindness of its crackers and color paste. I knew I would make one day and I'm glad I finally did.
It is fun to make homemade versions of things I would usually only think about buying. As jujubes I did the other day. Or marshmallows. I must try to do soon. Or maybe pop-tarts? Nutter Butters ... hmmmm.
IMG_0676
After the dough was rolled and cooled, coarsely I measured about 2 inches square forms of cookies, leaving a space between each square.
IMG_0656
Want to remove the extra dough (and reuse waste) to ensure that the crackers do not cook in the other.
That would be ugly.
IMG_0664
You can use a wooden skewer to press down the center of each cookie and also to make decorative holes.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, too much before cooking.
IMG_0721
Then when cooking and cooling, you can break them in half, as the larger version that you are accustomed.
IMG_0701
Too cute.
But I took this one step further.
IMG_0734
Yes, I broke the fondant.
Bizarre, right?
I mean basing wrong with graham crackers at all. But I threw reason out the window and got a bit ridiculous.
Or stupid. Silly is good ... and good for you.
IMG_0739
Anyone see where I go again?
IMG_0743
What about now?
If you use Twitter regularly, you've probably already guessed.

Instagram.
Better yet, Instagrahams!

Advertiser