Jumat, 15 Juli 2016

Super Bowl Sweets

Super Bowl Sweets -
IMG_6184
The Super Bowl will be in a few hours, so I thought I'd go ahead and share some goodies value cheering. That is if you are a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. My friend Cupcake Julie and her husband. Big fans. Me? Not so much a football fanatic or observer to this issue. But I am a fan of fun and cute candy, so when Julie asked me to help with his Steelers Sweets Dessert Table I was all. But how could I not be. Remember the Christmas table? Enough said.
Untitled-2
I did some Steelers cake pops and whoopie pies of chocolate to the table.
IMG_6020
But these sugar cookie soccer jersey appears that Julie was the star attraction. They were placed on measured customized stands, made and painted by Mr. Cupcake Julie. Teamwork is great.
From one end of the table is the offense ...
IMG_6022
... With the defense on the other end.
IMG_6057
complete with names for each. Like the look of these cookies. They were made from a cookie cutter onesie and transformed into suits simply by cutting funding.
Polamalu ... He was named NFL defensive player of the year. I did not know that before yesterday, or whether the third Super Bowl for the Steelers in five years ... or they try for their 7th Super Bowl victory. I could go on ... and I did not know the Steelers before yesterday.
IMG_6064
... Like what a napkin is terrible ... but if you are part of the Steeler Nation, I think you will appreciate these little cute candy labeled with a bit licorice, each side of the color coordinate.
IMG_07
There was even a football trophy in Chocolat. Julie had a metal cake pan that she used for mold.IMG_6089
Of course, we need something to wash it all down. Coca bottles earned for us to add our own labels and use these cute yellow striped paper straws for a fun look.
IMG_6174
The cake pops were immersed in the white candy coating. The stars were made by cutting shapes stained melting and bonding the pops with some of the extra melted candy.
IMG_5979
And the tags were made using January 1 1/2 inch paper punch to cut circles of card stock and a teardrop-shaped punch hole to hole. You can size your own artwork to fit the size that the stamp paper you to print and use.
IMG_6069
Check out these cute cupcakes with football envelopes and these impressive Steelers helmets.

We have black and white striped popcorn boxes. Simple stripes but a graphic very strong and really pulled the whole look of the table.
Untitled-1
Julie happened to have a bunch of those pom poms paper being the super fan she is, she cut them in half and cluster wired to make them smaller and fuller. They added a great texture to the background.
We both had so much fun pulling it all together. I really have to be careful though, this kind of thing could be very addictive. I have visions of swirling dessert tables in my head.
IMG_6026
Are you watching the Super Bowl?
Who are you rooting for?
Me? Looks like I'm a Steelers fan after all that work.
At least for today.
At least until Glee comes on.

Advertiser