Kamis, 04 Agustus 2016

Baby Faces

Baby Faces -

Baby Cake Pops

I made Baby Face Pops cake for someone special today.

Her name is Jenny and she is about to have a baby boy. Her third. She also gave birth to her first cookbook this year, and I'm very happy for her and the whole family.

You may already know Jenny. She is the light and love behind Picky Palate and she is a dear friend of mine.

jenny

  • We first met at a blogger event in Minnesota a few years ago and we hit it right away.
  • Then on a trip I in Los Angeles, I asked him at the last minute to stop everything and go eat cupcakes with me. She did and we had a blast.
  • A few months later, we met at a party BlogHer Pioneer wife hosted in San Francisco.
  • And then we were roomies last October in Orlando Food Blog Forum.

I like how blogging brings people together and I'm happy to call my friend Jenny.

and even happier to be a part of this virtual shower it with some other friends today.

Baby Cake Pops

Baby Faces.

I made them before (they are in the book), but I've been wanting to play with different faces to make them better and I think these guys came out pretty cute.

have these little nose. biggest smiles. Confetti sprinkle the cheeks and simple eyes. And now I would like to update the book.

Candy Coatings

Here are some basic instructions pop cake.

For these baby heads, I mix white candy coating with some caramel and peach colored candy coating. Add them in small amounts until you get a shade you like. You can also use fishing or brown with white. Whatever works for you.

Baby Boy Cake Pop

The faces are easy to decorate.

  • Draw on the mouth with a pen in brown edible ink.
  • Dot a small amount of tinted coating to the nose with a toothpick.
  • Dot coating on the cheeks and join a confetti sprinkle rose.
  • Draw eyes with a pen with edible black ink.
  • Draw a curly hair with a ballpoint brown edible ink or use some of the melted caramel layer to draw on pop with a toothpick.
  • Dot coating on the pacifier and attach a candy necklace piece.
  • Then squish a little marshmallow in the opening of the pacifier. Totally unnecessary, but I think it was cuter.

Candies

pieces of candy necklace, sprinkles confetti and bits of marshmallow. These help to create baby faces look as cute as possible.

But I thought they needed a little something more.

So I've dressed a little.

Baby Boy Cake Pops

baby bibs. Eeeeek! I may never be able to make baby cake pops without bibs again. So cute. And so customizable!

This is essentially cake pop tags, but with a hand hole, placed just under the pop and curled a little hanging.

...... And for girls, check how Pop Star Veronika made caps. So intelligent.

So I did a little more bibs ... just to Jenny this time.

Paper Punch

If you know Jenny, you know a little is to be a cookie lover. How could it not be with all the creations of delicious cookies, she arrives with more Picky Palate.

Baby Boy Cake Pops for Jenny

Hey Jenny! We hope you like these little guys.

Baby Cake Pops

This is more generic bibs that I made in blue. And I made some roses for you guys, too.

Here's a pdf that you can download if you want to use.

And here's a PDF simply bibs cookie if you "D like that.

Cake Pop Tags

Just use a 1.5 inch paper punch to cut out and then use a bit of a hole punched at the top and you can slide them right on the sticks.

Happy Shower

Ouch

PS - Jenny, I'm sorry I bit your baby

.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

For more fun and delicious shower of wishes for Jenny, visit these blogs and see what some of his other friends are cooking today to his surprise.

Add a pinch blue velvet cake

Averie Cooks Chocolate Banana and Biscoff Graham Bars

Bake at 350 cute as a Cupcakes button

Royal Bakers Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Trifles

Bev Cooks horseradish Deviled Eggs

Brown Eyed Bake r shrimp Nacho Bites

Confessions of a Cookbook Queen Homemade animal Crackers

cookies and cups Oreo Pop Baby rattles

sweet family kitchen Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca

Food For My Family Ginger Plum Preserves

Dish Heather Perfect Pancake Bites

I am a baker special cake for a "Picky Palate"

Kevin and Amanda Cinnamon Blueberry Biscoff Breakfast cookies

Latest Mini Chocolate Lava Cakes Lauren

Panini Happy baby Oreo Ice Cream Pies

Recipe Boy : chocolate Dipped butter ' peanut Cup stuffed Oreos

Recipe Girl Oreo and Caramel stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars

Sweetopia baby Cookie shower Favors

The Little Kitchen Mixed Berry Mint Barbotines

TidyMom Salted Caramel Cupcakes

Two peas and Pod n cream sheet cookies Cake

What's Gaby Cooking Blueberry Buttermilk cake

Thank Marla & Amanda to put it all together!

Advertiser