Kamis, 01 September 2016

Red, white and ruffled!

Red, white and ruffled! -

Fourth of July Cupcakes

This is soooo fun! I wanted to try the ruffled icing since I got my hands on Trophy Cupcakes book. Their vintage flying technique is good and I thought the Fourth of July would be a good excuse for me to try flying piping ... yuck ... with three colors!

Cupcakes and frosting

Divide butter icing into piping bags for the tricolor look but color would be just as nice.

Buttercream

one thing I realized after piping a bunch of these, was that I should not have divided the frosting in equal amounts. The background color needs a larger amount, the color of the middle a little less, and the upper color less. Hope that helps if you decide to try this with multiple colors.

Piping Ruffles

Dive in and start piping around the perimeter of your cake with the first color.

Petal tip

is the key (or points) - Use a petal tip and hold it with the wide end down to the cupcake when you pipe. Start on the outside perimeter and apply pressure to the piping bag while turning the cupcake with your other hand. It took me several tries to get even flying and it helps to keep your half pipe bags full so that you can direct with better control.

my advice is now one of the small sizes (# 104) so ​​I ended up with several small waves, but Trophy cupcakes are made with a larger tip (Ateco # 127 - View this old post for an example of their flying in the book). I did not have this size, so I improvised. I definitely want to make again with a color and a larger tip.

Ruffles

But I think the small size was perfect for three colors because I could go around the cupcake twice with each color.

Ruffled Buttercream Frosting

Eeek! Like. I just need to practice, practice, practice more uniform.

Ruffled Cupcakes

They sort of look like bunting decorations and if I am giddy about it.

Treat Tags

Oh yeah - I made little tags you can use for your fourth candy July too! Use them to choose cupcake and cake pop tags!

This is the Happy 4th of July Treat Tags model , you can print and use with a paper punch.

And here is the recipe cupcake I used the recipe and butter icing, too. Have fun!

Fourth of July Cupcakes

I wish you a Happy 4th and security this Friday !!!

Advertiser